Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elliott says (part 3)

With Aunt Marybeth:

Marybeth (reading with Elliott) – “how does the triceratops protect himself?
Elliott, “he eats plants.”
Marybeth, “Yes, he does eat plants, but how does he PROTECT himself?”
Elliott, “He’s twenty feet long.”
Marybeth, “Yes…”

Regarding the new house:
“Elliott, that is NOT allowed in our house!”
After thinking for a minute, “Hey mom, can we get a new house?”

On Drinkin’
Drinking cider with Elliott. "Mom! This cider is RARY good. It's 100 Proof!"
Me, eyebrow raised "100 proof? Where did you learn about juice being 100 proof?"
Elliott, casually, "The grape juice at school says '100 proof' on it."

At the dentist:
Hygienist, “So what’s your FAVORITE color?”
Elliott, adjusting his glasses and replying matter of factly. “Well, God maked me. And God maked me like pink and purple. Those are my favorite colors.”

On The Lord:
‎"Mom, what's Holly Lou?"
"Hallelujah is something people say when they're praising God. How do YOU praise God?"
"Like rabbits."
No hesitation whatsoever.

Holding a stuffed bunny as it "talks" in falsetto, "I have buttons. Jesus made me. And the Whole. Wide. World. See ya tomorrow!!!"

Interesting Perceptions
That China is a land full of toys, because so many of his toys are Made In China. Leading to this very logical question:
“Mom, are DOGS made in China?”

After Halloween
Elliott holding up candy bar "Hi, my name is ButterFinger! What's yours?"
Me: "My name is Butterfinger EATER!"
Elliott, "No. Your name is Mommy. And it's a BEAUtiful name."
Awwwww.

Thanksgiving Morning
Elliott, hopping out of our bed "MOM! the clock says Seven-One-Four!"
Me, from under a pillow, "And what does that mean?"
Elliott: "IT'S THURSDAY!"

Things you might not expect at dinnertime
“Sour cream gives me super powers!”
*rubs it into his hands*

Love-Story
Elliott: "My books came in at school today!"
Me: "I can't wait to read them with you!"
Elliott: "Oh, you love me?"

Another kind of story
"Mommy, tonight I want to tell YOU a story.”
“OK Elliott, go for it.”
"There once was a little boy named Elliott. And he did NOT WANT TO BE OBEDIENT.”

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment