Sunday, July 11, 2010

A House? For us?!

We have been approved and are in contract for the house we want!

I am trying to focus on the positive which is - moving into a beautiful home. Sometimes the stress is a little overwhelming, though. I've had to invest in a dental guard because I have been clenching my teeth so much at night that my jaw hurts all the next day. And I make weird grins to ease the discomfort. And then my boss stops in the middle of a sentence to ask what the heck is the matter with me. And I'm so tweaked out with stress that I am just saying whatever comes to mind; not just "Tell us what you really think, har har har," more like "Um, are you smoking weed?"

It's frustrating getting everything going for the closing. Things keep changing. We have had some blog-worthy conversations with the realtor and mortgage person... conversations that leave us more confused than (most of) our discussions with Elliott...I swear they just make stuff up as they go along!

And did I mention that buying a house is expensive? No? Guess what? It costs money. Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment